SODAQ SnifferBike V2¶
Depending on the project where your SnifferBike is part of the guides may differ, contact your supplier to obtain the correct quickstart guide.
For the participants of the 'Snuffelfiets' project the manual can be downloaded from https://snuffelfiets.nl/handleiding/
Depending on the project where your SnifferBike is part of the data ends up on a different platform.
Contact your supplier to obtain the correct dashboard / data visualization tool for your SnifferBike.
- Sensirion SPS30, to measure: PM 1.0, PM 2.5 and PM 10
- Bosch BME680, to measure: temperature, relative humidity, pressure and volatile organic compounds.
- u-blox EVA-M8M, GNSS module to obtain coordinates for a geo location.
|Cleaning PM sensor||Purple|
Depending on the usage different software can be loaded (over-the-air) onto the SnifferBike V2.
Below we will explain the differences between the Bike and Static software versions.
Software version X.X.0
Sample interval every ~10 seconds
While charging the sensors will be disabled to prevent indoor sampling.
Software version X.X.2
Sample interval every ~60 seconds
Will charge and sample at the same time.
We will write frequently asked question here which apply to all projects.
Power Usage (Static mode)¶
The static power consumption is ~5.5 kWh per year.
This is without the initial charge of the device and the used charger.
Each set up can be slightly different depending on the used items.
The SnifferBike will report a bitmask which contain error codes.
Based on the error code you can determine if a reading is valid or if a sensor might have a defect.
The full list of error codes:
- ACCELEROMETER ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found Due to chip shortages not all sensors have an accelerometer, the sensor for static project don't require an accelerometer to properly work.
- BME ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found Contact your supplier for an RMA
- GPS ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found Contact your supplier for an RMA
- GPS ERROR 2: No GPS Fix Indoors, start of measurements or otherwise blocked signals there might be no geo location possible.
- NO2 ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found Contact your supplier for an RMA
- PM ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found Contact your supplier for an RMA
- PM ERROR 2a: Measurement Start Failure The SPS30 needs some warm up time, contact your supplier if the error keeps occurring.
- PM ERROR 2b: Measurement Read Failure The SPS30 needs some warm up time and read time before producing reliable values. This error message is allowed to happen and you should remove these reading from your analyses.
The error codes are forwarded as a number.
Example #01: 32
32 is in binary 10 0000 this is the 6th bit and represents the error: GPS ERROR 2: No GPS Fix.
Example #02: 512
512 is in binary 10 0000 0000 this is the 10th bit and represents the error: PM ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found.
Example #03: 544
544 is in binary 10 0010 0000, the 6th and 10th bit and represents error 6 and 10 which are GPS ERROR 2: No GPS Fix and PM ERROR 1: Sensor Not Found.